![]() | |
|---|---|
| Location | West side of New Barn Road just north of the corner with Red Street. Outside the Broadditch farm shop. |
| Side inscription | ERECTED BY VOLUNTARY CONTRIBUTIONS 1887 |
| Side inscription | |
| Front inscription | |
| End inscription | |
| MDFCTA number | 1159 |
| Type and size | Trough special 11ft (sic) granite |
| Original location | Gravesend. London Road |
| Date erected | September 1887 |
| Comments | Originally outside St. James Church, New Road, Gravesend. Two Fountains cattle and sheep trough. The cost defrayed by local subscription £98.0.0. Letter dated 9 November 1956 reports disposal to JJ Barker, Hook Place Farm, Southfleet, Kent. This is one of only two known troughs with 2 fountain heads, the other one is here. The MDFCTA records describe this trough as 6ft 6in in length but it is definitely 11ft. This trough has been moved from Southfleet. |